Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Simple question... How to customize a folder in Win 7?

• Please log in to reply

Uirsa5822

Uirsa5822

• PipPipPip
  • 197 posts
I have a folder in Documents, (we'll call it Folder A) and was wondering if there is a way to customize just Folder A? What I want is all the files inside folder A to be sorted by Date Modified. But when I leave Folder A and go back to Documents, every folder is now sorted by Date Modified as well. I don't want that. I want just Folder A sorted by Date Modified. Is there any way to set it up like this? There doesn't seem to be.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Advertisements

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
I am not certain why you are experiencing this problem

If you open folder A and then click the date column it sorts them by date, or alternatively by type, size etc. If you hold the mouse on the colum heading, then on the drop arrow to the right you have more choices.

If you simply right click on the main window of the folder then click sort by or group by and more you have the full range of options, as my screenshot

Untitled.jpg

and those selections - any of them, as far as I know, effect ONLY the contents of the folder selected

Uirsa5822

Uirsa5822

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 197 posts
That's what I was thinking, but I guess not?

It seems to really only happen in my Documents folder. hmm.

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
Are you accessing folder via Libraries, if so do not use the option there.
Enter not via the Library but from the Users, My documents as the Library will indeed change all