Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Touchpad problems!

• Please log in to reply

Nenei

Nenei

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
I bought a Sony Vaio VPCEH about a month ago, and the touchpad/trackpad isn't working correctly.
Well, about 75% of the time it works. The remaining 25%, the cursor goes in the opposite direction of where I want it to go.
I have an ALPS pointing device and the driver seems to be up-to-date. I have a USB mouse plugged in for when it malfunctions like this, and when I have tap enabled it tends to go crazy and tap when I'm not touching the touchpad at all.
What could be wrong with it?

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
Hi Nenei

As the notebook is only a month old I suggest that you return it to the place of purchase and let them sort it, the problem could be a loose touch pad connection which would require partially dismantling the notebook and if you did this yourself you would void your warranty.

Good luck and please let us know how you get on with it.