Jump to content

Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Touchpad problems!


  • Please log in to reply

#1
Nenei

Nenei

    Member

  • Member
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
I bought a Sony Vaio VPCEH about a month ago, and the touchpad/trackpad isn't working correctly.
Well, about 75% of the time it works. The remaining 25%, the cursor goes in the opposite direction of where I want it to go.
I have an ALPS pointing device and the driver seems to be up-to-date. I have a USB mouse plugged in for when it malfunctions like this, and when I have tap enabled it tends to go crazy and tap when I'm not touching the touchpad at all.
What could be wrong with it?
  • 0

Advertisements


#2
phillpower2

phillpower2

    Tech Staff

  • Technician
  • 20,019 posts
Hi Nenei

As the notebook is only a month old I suggest that you return it to the place of purchase and let them sort it, the problem could be a loose touch pad connection which would require partially dismantling the notebook and if you did this yourself you would void your warranty.

Good luck and please let us know how you get on with it.
  • 0






Similar Topics

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

As Featured On:

Microsoft Yahoo BBC MSN PC Magazine Washington Post HP