Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Looking to upgrade my computer.

• Please log in to reply

Daygo3

Daygo3

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I'm looking to upgrade my graphics card, but not sure what to get/if it's worth or not. My price range is a maximum of $150, but might go a little higher if needed.

My computers specs are:

OS Name Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium

System Type X86-based PC
Processor AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 3800+, 2000 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date Dell Inc 1.1.6, 4/7/2007
SMBIOS Version 2.4

Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 3.00 GB
Total Physical Memory 3.00 GB
Available Physical Memory 1.39 GB
Total Virtual Memory 6.23 GB
Available Virtual Memory 4.39 GB

Not really sure what I need to show, let me know if you need anything else

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,766 posts
:welcome: Daygo3

Please provide further information about the computer such as the model name or number, the Dell BIOS information in your OP suggests that the computer is a Dell but you could have a Dell MB (motherboard) in a custom case, this information is important as some Dell computers are what is called a small form factor (SFF) and only low profile video cards will fit, they also often have low powered PSUs which are not powerful enough to handle most add on video cards made today, please run Speccy and provide the results so we can see your MB details http://www.piriform.com/speccy

NB: Also worth mentioning is that some stock Dell PSUs are smaller in size/shape and do not have the same power cables/connections as the most common ATX type of PSU.