Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Bad pool header BSOD on fresh wipe

• Please log in to reply

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
Thanks

Clean boot it please as per my last

Advertisements

colonel2link

colonel2link

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
I'm not sure what that will accomplish as I sometimes go many days without a BSOD, and I use my laptop for work so there's no way I can just have the basic services running. My Antivirus is fully functioning and I have scanned.

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
Thank you I will leave the issue with you.

This decision is reached with regret, but it no use me trying to assist if you decline to accept my advice

This

but then I've had around 4 in the past two days (most of which has the bad pool header error

tends to suggest it is becoming more frequent than "many days" without a BSOD

If we accept that the ram is OK you having tested with Memtest, providing you followed the guidance and left it running for at least the 6 to 8 passes, leads me to believe that it is when a certain application or device is accessed.

Also as you will no doubt have realised the uninstallation of Ultraiso whilst it is not a program I would recommend, there are far better alternatives, has as you suspected not solved the problem, the crash report last psoted by you being after that.

There are far more possible causes to explore and if you so decide, you have only to post for the topic assistance to be resumed.