Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Need Help With Monitor Issue

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi, new member here and I'm hopeful that someone can help me resolve this issue.

From the Summer of '07 to about a week ago I've been using an HP Pavilion desktop with an HP w2007 monitor. Windows Vista Home edition (32-bit IIRC).

I've recently gotten into computer gaming and have built a decent rig. Using Windows 7(64-bit). Being on a budget, I figured I could use the HP w2007 with my new build.

I was right. New computer is running like a champ. Now, I have a good bit of files that I'd like to transfer(mostly music, around 30-40gigs)from my old comp.

I know of other methods of file transfer, but the easiest way to me seemed to be using external storage. Just copy, copy, rinse and repeat.

Now here's where I'm having issues. When I tried to hook my monitor back up to my Pavilion, it stated no connection detected.

I'm positive it's connected correctly and the wire is not faulty as I'm using it right now. I'm thinking it has something to do with the OS, but I could be wrong.

Help is appreciated. Thank you for your time.

And the monitor worked well with the Pavilion before I began using it with my new comp. Still scratching my head. :confused:

Edited by BubbaHotep, 13 July 2012 - 07:08 PM.

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 19,710 posts
:welcome: BubbaHotep

Please provide further information about your computer, motherboard, Ram, add on video card and PSU (power supply unit) details in particular.