Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

FIrst Build! would apprecite any help! thanks! ~ stayFLY

• Please log in to reply

StayFLY3000

StayFLY3000

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello, i am looking to build a desktop that runs OSX, Linux, and Windows 7.
I am debating weather to run a "dual processor" motherboard with an INTEL core 2 duo, and an INTEL I5 processor together, or a single processor motherboard with an I7.
For the case, i will be using a ROSEWILL CHALLENGER ATX MID TOWER.
For the power supply, i will be using a CORSAIR PROFESSIONAL SERIES HX750.
For the Hard Drive, i will use a Western Digital RE4 500GB, 7200 RPM, 64MB Cache, SATA 3.0Gb/s. it measures 3.5" (maybe i will use two).
For the "dual processor" motherboard i will use an ASUS Z9PE-D8 WS Dual LGA 2011, Intel C602, SATA, 6Gb/s, USB 3.0, SSI, EEB.
(if it will support both a core 2 duo, and an I5, and has performance capabilities comparable, or superior to the I7 processor. Any Advice given about this setup is needed, thanks.)
For the Graphics card, i am open to recommendations for the best bang for the buck but still decently close to the top of the line cards.
For the CPU Heatsinks, i will use the ZALMAN CNPS9500 AT 2 Ball CPU Cooling Fan/Heatsink.

Any Advice will be greatly appreciated! thanks!

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Advertisements

StayFLY3000

StayFLY3000

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
* What i would like to know in specific is,

-how will i know if all of the components are compatable?
-will i have to do any programming to get things rolling?
-if so what will be the best language to do it in based on this criteria:
-performance
-security
-features

-simplicity, or
-intuitive design

-will i need any extra vital components?
-above most other things, i want it to be a powerhouse for media, graphic design, game development, video editing, and programming,
so a list of your favorite software for any of these subjects would be a big help!
-
Any Advice will be greatly appreciated! thanks!