Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Want to upgrade my processor?

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Lately I've been needing to upgrade my processor due to me not being able to run some games I've wanted to play:l The sad thing is, I bought this PC in order to run some better games. It did improve a little. But I still can't run Diablo and Skyrim. My real question is, what do I need to know to upgrade my processor? And what type of processor should I get with these specs:

CURRENT PROCESSOR: AMD A4-330M APU with Radeon™ HD Graphics 1.90 GHz
PACKAGE: Socket FS1 (905)

If there's anything else you need to know, please ask.

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 19,738 posts
:welcome: Ovula

Please provide more information about your computer, this includes is it a notebook or desktop, is it a custom build or brand name such as Dell or HP, if it is provide the model name or series number (not serial) providing these details will enable us to better assist you.

The presence of the AMD A4-330M APU (Accelerated Processing Unit) suggests that you have a notebook which unfortunately limits your upgrade options but once we have the requested information we can research your system and primarily the MB (motherboard) that is fitted.