Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Possible hard drive failure

• Please log in to reply

chief74

chief74

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
As soon as the sea tools screen came up it had the same info I had given you earlier. Model no Serial no. Etc.
If I click on advanced features it says:
Set capacity to 32 gb
Set capacity manually
Set capacity to max native.

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Wow this is strange because you are not seeing hd diagnostics at all. Just a summary page of the hd.
We may have to get the western digital hd diagnostic after all to see what is going on.

chief74

chief74

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
Ok. Thanks for your help. You are very patient.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Not a problem I just want to get the right program for you so you can get the best results.

Chief1974

Chief1974

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
Hello. Just wondering if you've had any luck about what to do next with the computer. ( I've had to log on with a slightly different id as I lost my password to the other account and never got any response to fix it.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Ok go HERE get this file Diag504fCD.iso. This should be the DOS cd ISO for Western Digital drives. Burn the file to a cd like you did with the SeaTools file.

Chief1974

Chief1974

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
Ok I burned disk

Chief1974

Chief1974

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
Hi again, Just now noticed your statement about "not pm me with questions." Did you want me to post my questons somewhere else? No sure what pm means unless post (ask) a question. Sorry if I have been posting things in the wrong place. Thanks

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Nope pm means Private Message. Everything should be done in the topic so others may benefit from everything we do.
Let me know if the western digital diagnostics runs and if it finds anything.

Chief1974

Chief1974

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
Ok. I asked for advanced scan but it said it would do quick scan followed by full media scan. Said quick scan should take ~ 6 minutes but it took 9 seconds with this message: read element failure. Error/ status code: 0007
Now doing full media scan. 4 minutes have passed and says 22 min to go.
I'll let you know results
Thanks

Advertisements

Chief1974

Chief1974

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
Got finished early.
Says: Too many errors found. Please contact technical support
Error/ status code: 0225

That's all it had on screen
Thanks for your help

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Yep the hard drive is bad. This verifies what we both have thought the whole time. :(

Chief1974

Chief1974

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
Oh well at least I got all my stuff saved thanks to you.
What do you suggest next. Should I try and get a new hard drive or a new computer that I can't afford :(
Again thanks for all your patience and help. You were great

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
A hard drive would be a lot less expensive at this time.
I could look around for you and see what is out there. I would need to know what size you need or would like and what your budget is to spend.

Chief1974

Chief1974

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
Hi, I would like to stay under $150, even under a $100 if I could get something good/decent. I have been looking and I don't think I would need anything over 500GB. I was looking at 500GB and noticed they have ones with different "cache". I read what cache meant, so is it that important to have say a 64mb/32mb vs a 16mb??
Thanks.