Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Acer Aspire One 532H battery problem

• Please log in to reply

amany

amany

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have a two year old Acer Aspire One 532H laptop. For the past couple of months, the battery has begun to seriously deteriorate in performance... If the laptop is switched off with full power, by the time I boot, only 5 minutes is now available before it turns off...
Hence, I am looking at replacing the battery. The following are my doubts
The laptop was purchased in the US. Will there be any difficulty getting replacement battery here?
Should I contact Acer or will local stores have replacements?
Will it be possible to go for 9 cell batteries for improved battery life?
Can power surges affect battery life? Is it necessary to connect the power through a surge protector?
More often than not I use the laptop when connected to power, but regularly I need to work without power. Hence, I cant remove the battery as recommended by many. Is it better to have the power always on or regularly discharge the batteries?
I am thinking of getting a cooling pad to improve battery heat dissipation. I want one that is cheap (less than 1000 preferably) and effective. Please suggest brand and model along with approximate cost.

Advertisements

godawgs

godawgs

Teacher

• Retired Staff
  • 8,228 posts
Hi amany and :welcome:

I have a two year old Acer Aspire One 532H laptop.

Yep, that's about the life span of the battery.

Should I contact Acer or will local stores have replacements?

I would check the Acer wsb site. I'm sure they have replacement batteries.

Will it be possible to go for 9 cell batteries for improved battery life?

The Acer web site will have that information.

Can power surges affect battery life? Is it necessary to connect the power through a surge protector?

I'm not sure if the battery AC adapter has a built in surge protector, but it isn't necessary to connect the adapter to a surge protector.

Is it better to have the power always on or regularly discharge the batteries?

With most new computers/batteries it makes no difference.

I am thinking of getting a cooling pad to improve battery heat dissipation. I want one that is cheap (less than 1000 preferably) and effective. Please suggest brand and model along with approximate cost.

I use a Belkin. It was less than $50. US. See if you can find anything on this search page

Dakeyras

Dakeyras

Anti-Malware Mammoth

• Expert
  • 9,772 posts
Good evening both(welcome to Geeks to Go also amany). :)

Since this issue does not appear to be Malware related I have moved the topic to this part of the forum...as it is more appropriate I feel than in the actual original location(Security > Computer Won't Boot - Malware Related) was posted...