Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Getting The Darkness 2 to run with AMD FX 4100 Black Edition CPU?

• Please log in to reply

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
Have you NOT got an external drive.

Please do not be annoyed, but you are taking a terrible risk you know, with no backup. It is so easy on windows 7, it even automatically creates a system image for you.

Anyway at your own risk, and albeit it is small there is of course as I said always the risk

1. Create restore point

2. Download those two updates in the order I asked you on post 10 if you had them.

1. http://support.micro....com/kb/2645594

2. http://support.micro....com/kb/2646060

as always when downloading and installing updates it is best to disable firewall if NOT the windows firewall and the AV if not Microsodft Security Essentials.

Advertisements

Northy

Northy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
I do not own an external because I blow all my cash on other [bleep]. Running Microsoft Security Essentials. I'm gonna call it a night now so I will return tomorrow for around 12pm so I will let you know about the downloads.

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• 7,237 posts
OK I am working tomorrow - Sat not online until 1900 or so.

Northy

Northy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
I am also working from 1800 onwards, I'll most likely be online at 2230-2300 If I'm not on the late shift.

Northy

Northy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
Update: Installed the 2 updates, game still crashed and system rebooted, however I had it minimised and I heard sound before it crashed, I think it made it to the title screen

Northy

Northy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
Problem 2 - Game just crashed at desktop and rebooted rig.
Problem 6 - Unable to do as the game crashes the system to quick.

Tried running in Compatibility mode with Windows XP service pack 3 and still crashed.

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• 7,237 posts
See if you find a driver update for this ploease

On Thu 07/06/2012 14:09:23 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\060712-18454-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: etronxhci.sys (EtronXHCI+0x4A94)
Bugcheck code: 0x1000007E (0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xFFFFF880043EAA94, 0xFFFFF88004BB1398, 0xFFFFF88004BB0BF0)
Error: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M
file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\etronxhci.sys
product: Etron xHCI Driver.
company: Etron Technology Inc
description: Etron eXtensible Host Controller Driver.
Bug check description: This indicates that a system thread generated an exception which the error handler did not catch.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: etronxhci.sys (Etron eXtensible Host Controller Driver., Etron Technology Inc).
Google query: etronxhci.sys Etron Technology Inc SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M

You MAY depending on the system find something on the motherboard site or if NOT see this

http://www.etron.com/EJ168.php

You will have to check your system to ascertain if you have the card

Northy

Northy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
Ignore this original post. Just to alert you I'm leaving for work in 20 mins.

Edited by Northy, 21 July 2012 - 10:27 AM.

Northy

Northy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
I'm not sure what I'm looking for, for an update off the site. I have no idea what it is on the system.

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• 7,237 posts
As per my last.

Also please ensure you have NO driver updates available from the motherboard site OR the graphics card ie: Nvidia AMD etc and if the computer is OEM rather than from there from the manufacturer site

I have been called back to work for 2100 tonight, that is why I am home early.

I will finish about 0300 and am back at 0930 so I will not be back online until about 2000 tomorrow Sunday.

After you have checked the above, please run a system file check that is in the Search box on the windows button type

cmd

when it appears above right click and click run as admin

then at the cmd prompt type

sfc /scannow

key enter, it will run and report if there are any violations in the system files, if there are run it again to a maximum of three times.

See this for guidance and caution notes

http://www.sevenforu...le-checker.html

If that reports all in order and the game stil crashes start windows in a clean boot and see if then still crashes here is the clean boot procedure

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

NOTE the caution please, regarding the disabling of OTHER than the recommended, as you will delete restore points.

IF the game does not crash in clean boot proceed as suggested to enable services until it does crash and then use that troubleshooting procedure.

I AM HERE for another hour or so, online post any queries you have please.

Advertisements

Northy

Northy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
I need to leave for work now so I'll attempt this when I get home say between 2300 and 100 and let you know and will continue tomorrow.

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• 7,237 posts
Regarding your last re the drivers

1. IS the computer branded eg HP DELL etc.

If so go to that site

If not go to the motherboard site

the graphics site etc

If you are unsure post me this BUT I will not be able to look through it until Sunday as explained.

Would you also send me this please.

PLEASE NOTE - may I ask that you do not make any changes, recommended.

It is of course your computer, but if you make changes after sending me the results, it makes my job harder.
2. Run this please and send me the results

Please Run the PCPitstop.com OverDrive Full Tests

Here's how:

You must use your Internet Explorer for this procedure. (doesn't work so well in Firefox or others).

Go to: http://www.pCPitstop.com

Click on "Free Computer Check-up" listed below PC Pitstop OverDrive

In the User Login - Click on "Sign up FREE!" OR YOU CAN RUN THE TEST ANON. without signing up. - you will see that at the end of that screen. The results will still be saved long enough for me to look at them.

If you do wish to sign up - for some reason

Now enter your email address and password to Log in, Select - Scan this system Now!(button)

You will then be asked to download an ActiveX component and allow it to install.
It is safe and does not compromise your privacy.

Follow the on-screen prompts to install the ActiveX and to allow the Full Tests to be run on your machine.

The Full Tests take about 2 1/2 - 3 minutes on most machines.
When complete, a Results - Summary - Recommended Fixes will be displayed. - Please do not follow any procedures, until I have seen it for the reason outlined above

Please post the URL internet address, from your Results, back here into this Topic Thread so that we can review the configuration.

Note: During the graphics 2D and graphics 3D testing, your screen will display some rapidly moving objects.
If you are sensitive to visual flashing, it may cause dizziness. Therefore, look away from the screen during that portion of the testing.

While PCPitstop does offer a variety of Paid Products, the PCPitstop OverDrive testing is FREE. Please ignore the references to Paid Products. We prefer to provide manual solution instructions that you can apply directly to your machine.

PLEASE DO NOT RUN ANY other tests on offer

If you wish to try NOW or before I return try the System file check and the clean boot.

Northy

Northy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
Just about to leave but I can tell you it's not branded. It was bought from a custom build site.

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• 7,237 posts
OK speak tomorrow send me Pitstop when you get home.

Northy

Northy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
USB3 driver located and downloaded, shall update then run the PitStop report and send you.

Sorry I didn't last night, I felt to fried after work.

NVIDIA driver is on download.

Also, might be getting a new AMD FX 4100 Black Edition sent to me this week.

Edited by Northy, 22 July 2012 - 06:36 AM.