Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

New computer build, no signal to monitor NEED HELP!

• Please log in to reply

tmumph1

tmumph1

• Pip
  • 1 posts
So, I have been working on a computer, and everything seems to be powering up, but no signal seems to be going to the monitor. I have tried plugging in the HDMI, VGA, and DVI, and nothing.Tried several other monitors as well. Any help/suggestions would be appreciated. Here are the specs:

Processor: i3 (until I'm able to update the BIOS) Then i5-3750
Mobo: ASUS P8Z68-V-LX INTEL Z68 ATX
Graphics: PNY XLR8 GEFORCE GTX 550TI
Monitor: ASUS Black 23.6" 5ms 1080P Widescreen LCD
RAM: standard 8 gig

Thanks.

Edited by tmumph1, 17 July 2012 - 09:10 AM.

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,768 posts
:welcome: tmumph1

Couple of questions for you;

What is the brand and model name or number of your PSU.
What are the exact Ram specs, brand and ID name/number;

For the best and most stable performance you should where possible purchase a CPU and Ram that have been tested and approved by the motherboard manufacturer, this is referred to as the QVL ( qualified vendors list ) understand though that there are too many products released for them all to be tested so other hardware will be compatible but not proven to be.

Have you tried removing the add on video card and using the MBs integrated video.

Let us know the requested details so we can make the appropriate suggestion/s, this may include doing a bare-bones set-up outside of the case.