Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Crashing

• Please log in to reply

betacompany3stkr

betacompany3stkr

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello and thanks for reading!
I have a computer that my uncle gave me. He upgraded all the internals so it could run games like Call of Duty. It used to work fine, but after not using it for a couple months it now crashes whenever I watch Youtube videos or play video games. It doesn't matter what game I'm playing, be it TF2, CS:S, or minigames. There is no warning, it doesn't make any abrupt noises, it just turns off. This has been going on for a long time and I have no idea what to do. Yesterday I asked someone on the paintball forum I frequent and he had me try to update software for a whole slew of things, but I only had an update for one thing. It hasn't helped at all. If you need any kind of information you will have to tell me what it is and how to find it because I know next to nothing about computers. Again thank you for reading and if you can help me I would greatly appreciate it.

Advertisements

SharinganX1

SharinganX1

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Sounds like your graphics card is fried to be honest, if anything requiring visuals frys it out, only way to fix that would be to replace it.