Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

which case is best?

• Please log in to reply

luke27

luke27

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
hi, im building a computer soon and im just wondering what case everyone thinks i should get. i will be using an amd fx 8150 processor and do not plan to overclock. noise is a big issue in the choice of the case as i will be leaving it on overnight sometimes.

i have 3 cases currently in mind however i am open to suggestions.
Thermaltake overseer RX-1 air cooled £115
Thermaltake chaser MK-1 air cooled £120
Thermaltake chaser MK-1 water cooled £150

so which one would you guys pick or which case do you think is better than all three? £150 is the very top end of my budget however do you think this is worth getting? it seems a bargain to me.

thanks.

Advertisements

rossj81

rossj81

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Since you're not planning on over-clocking, water cooling is a complete waste of time. It's more expensive and more prone to problems.

Mount the HDDs with rubber washers so they don't make a noise when they vibrate against the rig.

Is the computer going to be idling or working overnight? If just idling, I suggest the Chaser MK-I because it has a fan speed adjuster, so you can turn the fan low when you're not actively using it.

luke27

luke27

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
i bought the liquid cooled chaser mk-1 today for £130, ill be honest, mainly because it looks good :P. However i did think it was an amazing deal since the air cooled one the cheapest i could find was £115. Also i think once i build my own computer i will look into overclocking and other things :) maybe i will just slightly overclock to be safe :). Do you think 130 was a good deal?

rossj81

rossj81

• Pip
  • 8 posts
It does look good :thumbsup: Hope you don't have any problems with condensation or leakage though...