Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

windows vista other users

• Please log in to reply

rmunoz77

rmunoz77

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
i have a gatewayc gt 5694 that had viruses....removed them with avast and then installed tuneup utillites....at the end of install got a blue sceen memory dump and now when vista stars no users show just one called other user and wont let me in safe mode.....can u help?

Edited by rmunoz77, 18 July 2012 - 03:25 PM.

Advertisements

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
When you press F8, do you get to the Advanced Boot Options menu? If so, select Last Known Good Configuration, see if that works.

rmunoz77

rmunoz77

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
no it doesnt give me any opinons when i press f8....it just keeps booting and shows other user for log in and no user name or password combo works

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
Do you have a wireless keyboard? If so that won't work to get you to the Advanced Boot Options menu. If you have a PS2 or USB keyboard, try pressing F5 instead of F8 every second or so during boot as soon as you see the manufacturer's logo. See if that gets you there so you can select Safe Mode.

If that works, see if Administrator shows up as a choice and login there if it does.