Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Corrupt File Messages. Unsure What To Do

• Please log in to reply

printingxpress

printingxpress

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
Hello,

We recently had some nasty thunderstorms & the computer went down several times. I then just shut it off until the storms passed.

However, when I use Adobe I'm now seeing the first attachment after I close a .pdf.

When I use my Windows Mail I'm now seeing the second attachment after I close the program.

I'm unsure what's happened, if it has anything to do with the shutdowns & how to get rid of the error messages and am a bit hesitant/unsure to run the Chkdsk utility until I get some confirmation here.

Any thoughts?

Attached Thumbnails

• 1.JPG
  • 2.JPG

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Tutorial for running chkdsk in Vista\Win 7 located HERE.

Let us know if this corrects the issue. :thumbsup:

printingxpress

printingxpress

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
Thank you. I was about to go to the page you suggested but was too tired so I shut the computer down.

Happily, when I woke up this morning, the system ran the Chkdsk application on its own. All seems to be well.

Thanks again.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
I would still suggest running the chkdsk manually to make sure everything is resolved. Better safe then sorry in the end.
:thumbsup:

printingxpress

printingxpress

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
Ok. Thanks.