Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Toshiba Thrive, but no market

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 5 posts
I have a Toshiba Thrive, and the app "market" says it is not installed when I try to use it. Obviously, I can't buy the market app because the app to do so is not functioning, so I don't know what to do about it. There's no urgent hurry, Im just annoyed I can't get what I'm looking for.

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 5,374 posts
"Actually you should delete that shortcut from your homescreen. Android Market is now called Google Play. Go to the Applications drawer and find "Play Store" where the icon is a shopping bag with a play button. Use that as your new homescreen shortcut to launch it. That's why Android Market keeps saying "Application is not installed in phone" because it's been deleted and upgraded and replaced by Play Store."

Hope that helps you!

Joe :)