Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How to disassemble a laptop (Samsung)?

• Please log in to reply

ComNovice

ComNovice

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I want to disassemble a laptop to sell for parts, but I'm a novice. I need to learn how to back-up, and I don't even know how to start with disassembling, and which part is okay to sell or not.
I was thinking of selling it to Tekserve, but it seems like they only pay it by gift card, not check or cash. I was thinking of selling it on Craigslist face to face, but I think I need to back up and disassemble it before I sell.
So the question is, I wonder there is any place that does disassembling instead in New York City, and tell what part is good or not. Or anybody who's willing to help me? I'm leaving New York City to suburban/rural town outside New York Metropolitan area, so I need to hurry, since I don't want to carry this when I'm moving. Anyone has an idea?

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts
:welcome: ComNovice

What particular model of Samsung is it please.
If there is nothing wrong with the notebook I would sell it complete as it will sell quicker.
Once you have backed up all of the data you wish to keep run dban to wipe the HDD http://www.dban.org/

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
If there is the recovery partition that would put the system back to factory settings which should get rid of all old data. Just a possibility to think about. DBAN will work as long as you don't wipe the recovery partition if it is there.