Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Running slow cant remove ask.com and going to ad links [Closed]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

CompCav

CompCav

Member 5k

• Expert
  • 12,454 posts
Please restart CCleaner and go to Tools >> Startup
1. Click on each line listed below in CCleaner, make sure you are on the right one..
2. Then click Disable.

Repeat these two steps for each line below.

Yes HKLM:Run APSDaemon Apple Inc. "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Apple\Apple Application Support\APSDaemon.exe"
Yes HKLM:Run BCSSync Microsoft Corporation "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office14\BCSSync.exe" /DelayServices
Yes HKLM:Run HSON TOSHIBA Corporation %ProgramFiles%\TOSHIBA\TBS\HSON.exe
Yes HKLM:Run HWSetup TOSHIBA Electronics, Inc. C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\Utilities\HWSetup.exe hwSetUP
Yes HKLM:Run IndexSearch Nuance Communications, Inc. "C:\Program Files (x86)\Nuance\PaperPort\IndexSearch.exe"
Yes HKLM:Run KeNotify TOSHIBA CORPORATION C:\Program Files (x86)\TOSHIBA\Utilities\KeNotify.exe
Yes HKLM:Run PaperPort PTD Nuance Communications, Inc. "C:\Program Files (x86)\Nuance\PaperPort\pptd40nt.exe"
No HKLM:Run PDF5 Registry Controller Nuance Communications, Inc. C:\Program Files (x86)\Nuance\PDF Viewer Plus\RegistryController.exe
No HKLM:Run PDFHook Nuance Communications, Inc. C:\Program Files (x86)\Nuance\PDF Viewer Plus\pdfpro5hook.exe
Yes HKLM:Run PPort12reminder Nuance Communications, Inc. "C:\Program Files (x86)\Nuance\PaperPort\Ereg\Ereg.exe" -r "C:\ProgramData\ScanSoft\PaperPort\12\Config\Ereg\Ereg.ini"
Yes HKLM:Run SVPWUTIL TOSHIBA CORPORATION C:\Program Files (x86)\TOSHIBA\Utilities\SVPWUTIL.exe SVPwUTIL
Yes HKLM:Run Teco "%ProgramFiles%\TOSHIBA\TECO\Teco.exe" /r
Yes HKLM:Run ThpSrv C:\windows\system32\thpsrv /logon
Yes HKLM:Run ToshibaServiceStation TOSHIBA Corporation "C:\Program Files (x86)\TOSHIBA\TOSHIBA Service Station\ToshibaServiceStation.exe" /hide:60
Yes HKLM:Run TosNC TOSHIBA Corporation %ProgramFiles%\Toshiba\BulletinBoard\TosNcCore.exe
Yes HKLM:Run TosSENotify TOSHIBA Corporation C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\TOSHIBA HDD SSD Alert\TosWaitSrv.exe
Yes HKLM:Run TosVolRegulator TOSHIBA Corporation C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\TosVolRegulator\TosVolRegulator.exe
Yes HKLM:Run TosWaitSrv TOSHIBA Corporation %ProgramFiles%\TOSHIBA\TPHM\TosWaitSrv.exe
Yes HKLM:Run TPwrMain TOSHIBA Corporation %ProgramFiles%\TOSHIBA\Power Saver\TPwrMain.EXE

Once you are finished verify that all of the lines listed above are in faint grey.
Close CCleaner.

Reboot your computer and see how it performs.

Advertisements

geric16

geric16

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts
Did as instructed. At first after doing so the computer hung up for about 5 minutes...I rebooted again and it didnt do it. It still takes a bit after you enter the login info to get in, seems like it hagns for about a minute then gets in. But it then is still pulling up applications like avast. The redirects are gone, it does seem a bit faster, just the login process is longer then it ever was still. Only thing I can think of if I updated the display becasue it kept crashing and Toshiba had a fix for it and also a fix for the fan running hot. Ever since I did those 2 Toshiba fixes it seems to have taken a bit longer.

CompCav

CompCav

Member 5k

• Expert
  • 12,454 posts

Ever since I did those 2 Toshiba fixes it seems to have taken a bit longer.

Noted and not unusual.

OK next we will check the disc and then the file structure

• On the desktop click the My Computer icon
  • Right click your main drive (I am on C) and select properties
  • Select the tools tab
  • Select error checking
  • Place a tick in both boxes
  • Press start
  • You will get a warning that it needs to reboot to continue
  • Allow it to do so

Posted Image

Once completed

Run an elevated command prompt
Go to Start, All programs, Accessories
Right click command prompt and select run as administrator
Posted Image

In the black box that opens type or copy and paste the following command and press enter:

sfc /scannow

Posted Image

After all this is completed could you update me on the problems being experienced

CompCav

CompCav

Member 5k

• Expert
  • 12,454 posts
Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.