Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Belkin wireless USB adaptor connection problem

• Please log in to reply

gasmanuk

gasmanuk

• PipPip
  • 42 posts
Hi Guys

I have my main pc in an upstairs bedroom and router downstairs I have been using an older model belkin adapter which worked fine for a couple of years until around two months ago when It started disconnecting intermittently to solve this I normally pulled it out of the USB port and plugged it back in. However it kept doing it more and more so i thought the adapter was bust so bought a new belkin N300 however this is worse and I cannot connect at all now. The signal strength is excellent and all my other devices(laptops,phones,ipods) connect to the internet and the router with no problems but my main PC doesn't. I have had network sharing center on and it connects to the internet then disconnects from the modem then re-connects then dis-connects its so frustrating I have no idea what to do. I have read some posts and checked certain things but have no idea how to progress.

Many thanks

Advertisements

Hardlion

Hardlion

• PipPipPip
  • 194 posts
Have you tried a different USB port?

gasmanuk

gasmanuk

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
Yes tried all of them and other devices work in the same ports

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
Try removing all existing Wireless networks from your computer and starting over again: http://www.sevenforu...rk-remove.html' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'>How to Remove a Wireless Network in Windows 7