Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

XP can't boot, BSOD 0x0000008E and 0x000000D1

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi all, I just encounter this problem with my PC (Window XP) today, and sometimes I am able to boot it, and sometimes I am not able to.
I have encounter 2 BSOD error
1) 0x0000008E
2) 0x000000D1, Beginning dump of physical memory..

I have tried removing the RAMs and testing it but it still doesn't solve it, so I am wondering if this is a hardware or software issue?
Appreciate any help I can get, thanks.

Additional info (not sure if it helps) from Control Panel > Administrative Tool > Event Viewer > System
Here's some red error:
1 - Timeout (30000 milliseconds) waiting for a transaction response from the nvsvc service.

2 - The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load: Lbd

3 - Initialization failed because the driver device could not be created. (Source: NetBT)

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
Hi engsoon89 ... :wave: ..:welcome:
what happens if you try booting into safe mode with networking...

To get into the Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7 Safe Mode, as the computer is booting press and hold your F8 Key which should bring up the Windows Advanced Options Menu
Use your arrow keys to move to Safe Mode with networking and press Enter...

Note... With some computers, if you press and hold a key as the computer is booting you will get a stuck key message. If this occurs, instead of pressing and holding the F8 key, tap the F8 key continuously until you get the startup menu.

still having issues go here for the Guide to using Memtest86+
this will test the ram