Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Cheap GDDR5 Graphics Cards?

• Please log in to reply

jarthur36

jarthur36

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I know the title may sound oxymoronic but I am looking for a graphics card for a pc that I bought. I cannot give you full specs but I know that it comes with only Intel HD onboard graphics and 2 free PCi-e2 slots that i could use for installing a graphics card. I am ideally looking for one under £70($110) that i can buy form a trusted website(amazon,ebuyer,newegg .etc) The main features that i am looking for are:
-Play recent games (BF3,CODBO2,Crysis2 and 3) in normal-good settings at a playable FPS (over 30)
-Play older games (counterstrike or Team Fortress 2) at a good fps (60+)
-Record and render YouTube videos in HD with me being able to play at 30 fps on the older games whilst recording
-Cheap
-Low power requirement would be good

I think that gddr5 would probably be best for this and the card i currently have my eyes on is this one : http://www.amazon.co...2896420&sr=1-14

For those who cannot be bothered to read the link it is a Sapphire ATI Radeon HD 6670 for £68
is this a good card or would a £50 Sapphire HD 6570 2GB DDR3 be a good alternative.

Any suggestions on what card I should buy? Obviously cheaper if better. If i can get a decent card for under £40 then I will buy it straight away.
Any help ould be greatly appreciated, Thank you!

Advertisements

rossj81

rossj81

• Pip
  • 8 posts
What resolution are you planning on playing at? 30 FPS at a higher resolution requires a better graphics card than a lower resolution at the same frame rate. Both cards provide around 50 FPS at 1680 x 1050.

I think GDDR5 is a good choice. 512 MB GDDR5 is faster than 1 GB GDDR3.

jarthur36

jarthur36

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Ok thanks.. Most of the time i will be running at 1280X720 as this is the HD recording dimensions for YouTube so I guess that this will be no problem

rossj81

rossj81

• Pip
  • 8 posts
In that case, go for the Sapphire 6570 and save yourself £18...