Backing Up Your Registry
- Download ERUNT.
(ERUNT (Emergency Recovery Utility NT) is a free program that allows you to keep a complete backup of your registry and restore it when needed).
- Install ERUNT by following the prompts.
(Use the default install settings but say no to the portion that asks you to add ERUNT to the start-up folder, if you like you can enable this option later).
- Start ERUNT.
(Either by double clicking on the desktop icon or choosing to start the program at the end of the setup).
- Choose a location for the backup.
(The default location is C:\WINDOWS\ERDNT which is acceptable).
- Make sure that at least the first two check boxes are ticked.
- Press OK.
- Press YES to create the folder.
Please download SWReg by Steelwerx from here
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page. Click on SWReg.
- A screen will tell you that you have chosen to open a binary file. Click Save.
- Now, go to where you have saved SWReg.
- Move SWReg into C:\Windows
- Start > Run > Write NOTEPAD, Copy (CTRL + C) and past (CTRL + V):
SWReg ACL "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\SharedAccess" /G Everyone:F > C:\log.txt notepad c:\log.txt
- Save with the name FIX.BAT
- The icon looks like this:
- Double click in FIX.bat and wait.
- press enter
- type exit and press enter to close the cmd window.
- Go to C:\ and find the file log.txt. Double click on that file to open it. Then, please copy/paste its contents in your reply.
Go to Start=>Run (alternatively use Windows key+R), type cmd and click OK.
Type Net Start SharedAccess and tell me the result