Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Left behind files how to

• Please log in to reply

nihon94

nihon94

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
In this forum, this is my second post. So I am a kind of new here.

My question is, when we uninstall program some files are left behind. I wonder how we could remove them? Is there any particular utility or software? if so, preferably freeware :help: would be nice.

Thank you

Advertisements

NightFury12

NightFury12

• PipPipPip
  • 126 posts
Hi nihon
While doing an Uninstall use the Revo Uninstaller which is having a decent reputation of doing a better job in removing the Softwares/Applications. And then Run the ccleaner, which is also another program which can come in handy to clean-up the Remains.
Normal Software's do not cause harm if they are uninstalled without any Errors/other Issues . If you mean about Antivirus/Security Software's use their dedicated Removal Tools as their Remnants can cause conflicts with other Software's.

nihon94

nihon94

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
Thank you for quick reply.
Yes, I know Revo and already using CCleaner since long. Actually after uninstalling software if I run CCleaner/Registry to check any registry problem. It shows some already deleted files and ask to FIX. The problem is I am not sure should I say yes FIX these?
Can you guide me, what does that FIX means?

PS* I am afraid if I say yes FIX it might return those deleted file.

Thank you

NightFury12

NightFury12

• PipPipPip
  • 126 posts
If you are not having any Issues in the Computer then I would suggest to let the Registry alone...If its not Broken don't fix it. :thumbsup:

CCleaner seems to be taking light action(not too deep) on the Registry, anyhow I strongly recommend some preventive measures before fixing Registry Entries like full system Backup, Registry backup and creating a new system-restore point. Better safe than sorry... :killcomp:

Please go through this Page [The Registry Damage Part], this might give you a clear view about the Registry Cleaners.

Edited by NightFury12, 22 July 2012 - 03:21 AM.

nihon94

nihon94

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
Thank you for reply.
You are right. Also thanks for providing wikipedia link that was very helpful.

NightFury12

NightFury12

• PipPipPip
  • 126 posts
You are very Welcome... ;)