Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Resolution Issues

• Please log in to reply

Teima

Teima

• PipPipPip
  • 833 posts
Hello, About a week after purchasing and installing my new netbook screen I appear to be facing issues with the resolution of my screen, I can see around 75% of the screen without any issues. Although things such as the taskbar and start menu I can't see at the moment. I've attempted to adjust the screen resolution properties although that doesn't change the current situation. I think the issue may reside with the drivers which are installed on my machine although I can't be 100% sure. I've checked the drivers for updates and there aren't any which need updating at this moment in time. At the moment I'm using dual monitors until this issue has been resolved. If anyone requires any screenshots/pictures of the current settings I have at the moment feel free to ask. :thumbsup:

Advertisements

NightFury12

NightFury12

• PipPipPip
  • 126 posts
Hi Teima
It might sound silly, But did you tried to adjust your Monitor Settings. [I mean the physical options on the Monitor]

FYI: Mine is a Samsung LCD, it has an Auto Adjustment option in front.

Teima

Teima

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 833 posts

Hi Teima
It might sound silly, But did you tried to adjust your Monitor Settings. [I mean the physical options on the Monitor]

FYI: Mine is a Samsung LCD, it has an Auto Adjustment option in front.

Hi Night. Thanks for the response! My Monitor doesn't appear to have any physical options besides the buttons on the keypad. ;)

Edited by Teima, 10 September 2012 - 04:47 AM.

NightFury12

NightFury12

• PipPipPip
  • 126 posts
Learnt my Lesson: Go through the Post more than once before replying (missed the Net-book part).

Boot into Low Resolution mode(Advanced Boot Options) and see how the Display is showing up.

Edited by NightFury12, 22 July 2012 - 03:49 AM.

Teima

Teima

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 833 posts

Learnt my Lesson: Go through the Post more than once before replying (missed the Net-book part).

Don't worry! It happens to all of us. :lol: After applying some windows updates and restarting the machine it appears to be working as it was previously. :blush:

Thanks for the assistance. :thumbsup:

Edited by Teima, 22 July 2012 - 03:58 AM.

NightFury12

NightFury12

• PipPipPip
  • 126 posts
Glad to hear that... :thumbsup: