Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BSOD after restarting following a malwarebytes scan and BSOD after run

• Please log in to reply

ug5912

ug5912

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi everyone,

After restarting the computer following a malwarebytes scan, I could not get into window, nor safe mode and system restore by pressing F8 at start up. What I only had after running a little while is BSOD. Btw, I ran diagnostic test a few times. All passed.

After this happened and I did some searching online, I decided to run a windows xp repair by using the original OEM window xp installation CD (sp2) when the system inside the computer is sp3 after I updated it long ago.

I followed the processes suggested by the following webpage.
http://www.windowsre...dexfullpage.htm

It was all fine until Part 4 in that webpage. A BSOD popped out after the windows symbol in Part 3.
And I noticed some new sentences at the bottom of the BSOD which are like ‘physical memory dump’.

Hopefully, solutions for all of this would be recommended by someone. I don’t even really dare to switch the computer back on now!

Sorry if I have posted in the wrong section of the forum. If I have done it, please move this post to the right section. Thank you in advance.

Advertisements

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
Hi ug5912 ... :wave: ..:welcome:

go here and follow the guide

ug5912

ug5912

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi happyrock. The guide does not help with the computer's situation now. If you have read all of my description, it got stuck after BSOD popped out between part 3 and 4(steps in the webpage that I posted).

To the other members. If you pass by and know sth related to this issue, please post up your thought. Thank you!

Edited by ug5912, 25 July 2012 - 10:25 PM.

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
your wrong ...the repair will in all likelihood fix your problem as the computer boots from the cd...not your OS...but if you don't want to try it that's your choice and good luck with your problem

ug5912

ug5912

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

your wrong ...the repair will in all likelihood fix your problem as the computer boots from the cd...not your OS...but if you don't want to try it that's your choice and good luck with your problem

I have tried the repair installation, but BSOD popped out in the middle of the process as I mentioned at the beginning. The guide is about how to start the repair installation. Don't know any comment under that thread would be related to my situation.

ug5912

ug5912

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Can anyone help? ><