Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

kopete in suse 9.1

• Please log in to reply

helion

helion

• Pip
  • 5 posts
hi..

i've just installed suse 9.1 pro and am unable to log in to yahoo with kopete

it takes all the info and then says wrong password .. type again.. forever....

if anyone had this prob please help solving..

also.. can anyone help me about how to install rpms in suse 9.1

also.. if anyone has used it,

please tell me how you find suse linux..how easy, solid , secure and stable it is and how you see it ..compared to other distros like fedora or slack or vector.

and how good is any support for suse...unofficially(i love the free linuxes on this count)

thankyou
helion

Advertisements

jopiter

jopiter

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Maybe installing this update will help you out :

26 Jul 2004 kdenetwork3-InstantMessenger: Chat applications for KDE

The update supports the Yahoo messenger protocol again in
kopete, after last protocol change.

http://www.novell.co...es/91_i386.html

mpfeif101

mpfeif101

Member 1K

• Retired Staff
  • 1,411 posts

also.. can anyone help me about how to install rpms in suse 9.1

Once they are downloaded just right click them and select Install using yast

please tell me how you find suse linux..how easy, solid , secure and stable it is and how you see it ..compared to other distros like fedora or slack or vector.

I use SuSe (9.3) and it is my favorite distro.

and how good is any support for suse...unofficially(i love the free linuxes on this count)

It's a popular distro which means that there will be good unofficial support. Any major Linux forums will have experts that use Suse. There are even some forums dedicated entirely to Suse. Do a search on google for "free suse linux support".

whitesox

whitesox

• Pip
  • 8 posts
if you look at my profile at the left, i use ubuntu, which is great and has a nice support base, SuSE 9.3, which is arguably the best and has great support, in fact, i have no clue why u are looking here for suse support. In 20 mins or so I'll try Fedora core 4, which has nice support and is very stable. As far as koppete goes, get gaim, it should work and it looks better. I dont know if SuSE uses rpms, most dont, i know none based on debian dont, like ubuntu, but fedora core is the offspring of the originator of the RPM (Red hat Package Manager), so im assuming Fedora uses RPMs. If SuSE uses RPMs, just clicking on the package should begin the installation.

mpfeif101

mpfeif101

Member 1K

• Retired Staff
  • 1,411 posts
I agree Gaim is better than Kopete, but if he is running KDE it might take a bit of work to get Gaim to work...

SuSE 9.3, which is arguably the best and has great support, in fact, i have no clue why u are looking here for suse support

He got his questions answered did he not? And probably faster than SuSe forums :tazz:

helion

helion

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
hello all,

thankyou for the replies...

I did a few updates (installed the newer gaim and kopete)

Theyre working fine.