Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Dell XPS 410 went haywire after malware infection.

• Please log in to reply

Amlak

Amlak

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
Hi, hd1983. Did you end up getting an external CD/DVD drive? And if so, do the issues persist?

Advertisements

hd1983

hd1983

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
I will be ordering it on Monday and I will post here if I was successful or not.

hd1983

hd1983

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
I just wanted to post a quick update, my Dell is finally up and running after I reinstalled Windows, I installed a new internal CD/DVD drive and I immediately received the absolutely lovely "press any key" prompt, there is nothing wrong with the hard drive at all, my old CD/DVD drive was the culprit.

I'm so happy I could die! I just wanted to stop in and thank everyone who has ever helped me on this site.

Amlak

Amlak

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
Hi, hd1983. Thanks for the update and glad it worked out for you. I was worried for a second that it wasn't going to work out just by grabbing a hold of a new external CD/DVD drive, but it's good to know it's a happy ending.

Enjoy your computer.