Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Problem in logging in programming software.

• Please log in to reply

vab's

vab's

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
I have a programming software or it is a linux i actually don't know exactly.It's name is "ylmfos" basically it is a programming software which my bro used to log into that software and do programming.actually it was install in my local disk-d and i move the install folder into other drive accidentally now when i open the laptop there is usually 2 partition to log in-1.windows7 2.ylmfos.So, when i open that linux software(ylmfos) during startup it is not working! showing-any hardware or any file change has occured so it is not opening.Now i have move back the install folder into its original place but it is still not working.So, how to correct the software to log in it again as there are some important program inside that linux software.

Advertisements

rossj81

rossj81

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Ylmf OS is a Chinese Linux distribution based on Ubuntu.

1) Create a back-up of the Ylmf OS partition to CD or other external media.
2) Reinstall Ylmf OS onto the partition it was previously.
3) Restore the data files from the backup.

Alternately, you may be able to update your GRUB boot-loader settings to point to the correct partition, but I don't have any experience with Ylmf OS, so I don't know what loader it uses or how to configure it.

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
I agree with the post by rossj81

Most of the Ylmf Linux systems are based on Ubuntu, some were based on Fedora.

The problem we have is that the user forums are available, as far as I can see in Chinese based languages, so no help can be obtained from there unless you can read Chinese languages.

If you can that may be the way forward.

Normally as posted by rossj81, if it were Ubuntu you would simply boot from the installation disc, select repair, go to the terminal prompt and repair Grub. which is the boot loader for Ubuntu

Of course as I see the situation, care is required with the dual boot situation and if you can acess the data stored on the Linux partition, it may be easier to ensure that is secure and then reinstall the Ylmf from the installation disc to the partition.

When you boot from the Ylmf disc is there on there the same as there would be on Ubuntu - the repair function to access the terminal prompt

OR you may find this useful

https://help.ubuntu....ity/Boot-Repair

but I cannot vouch for its use on that version of Linux you have which is of course the Ubuntu etc OS with the desktop changed to resemble Windows.

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
vab`s

It is now some 20 days since you asked for help, I wondered if you made any progress.