Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

ASUS EEEPC 1005HAB Windows Crash

• Please log in to reply

firefightent

firefightent

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I have a 2.5 year old asus eeepc 1005hab netbook that recently crashed. After I force restarted it takes me to the " We apologize "screen and any option I click takes me either to a black screen or runs the script but stops and stays on the script. I do not have the support dvd anymore and also I do not have a usb cd/dvd drive but I do have a flash drive or if need be a 40g external hard drive. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Edited by firefightent, 29 July 2012 - 01:08 PM.

Advertisements

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
Sorry for the delay in answering.

According to the users manual for your computer:

eeepc.jpg

Rats, I just noticed it said if you installed Windows XP then the recovery partition is no longer available so I guess this won't help.

Do you have the copy of Windows XP that you installed? If not then you are pretty much out of options unless you buy one, find the DVD that came with it or load a version of Linux (they are free).

If you can find the DVD then look at hte Users Manual (link above) starting on page 44 for how to create a bootable flash drive to use to install from.

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
You can also try doing a Google search for download iso for asus eee pc 1005hab

Seems ASUS no longer ships the recovery DVD. Rationale is there is no DVD drive. How stupid! What does a person do if their hard drive dies without the recovery DVD, since it provides a means to create a bootable flash drive you can install from.