Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Slow scrolling and screen updates

• Please log in to reply

markcolclough

markcolclough

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Hi there

Have installed XP PRO SP2 Reduced Media Edition and have discovered that the scrolling down of Internet Explorer and Explorer etc results in really slow updating of the screen.

OK, my VAIO laptop is having heating problems, but nothing really bad and before, on XP Home there were no problems of this nature at all.

Does anyone here have an idea what this issue could be and how to resolve? Will be happy to respond to drilling questions of any kind!

Kind regards
Mark Colclough

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
heat could hurt you, yes, but you should consider a driver update.

download the current drivers, then use add/remove control panel to remove your video drivers. Then download driver cleaner pro

http://www.drivercleaner.net/

Boot into safe mode, clean what is left.

Reboot, then install new drivers

markcolclough

markcolclough

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

heat could hurt you, yes, but you should consider a driver update.

download the current drivers, then use add/remove control panel to remove your video drivers. Then download driver cleaner pro

http://www.drivercleaner.net/

Boot into safe mode, clean what is left.

Reboot, then install new drivers

View Post

You're a genius

It worked as described - how the [bleep] could I forget to update my drivers? Must be the heat of Mexico :tazz:

Thank you