Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Stuck in boot up

• Please log in to reply

MadAtMyLaptop

MadAtMyLaptop

• Pip
  • 1 posts
My laptop is stuck in the boot up page, and it says windows error recovery I've tried all the options and i changed it to the advanced boot up page and I still can't access any other pages. It says I need a windows 7 installation disk but I don't have one and my laptop did not come with one. No matter what I try it stays on the same page, its getting frustrating I really need my laptop before school starts back up. Please help me I have no idea what to do.

Advertisements

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
What is the make and model number of the laptop? It probably has a Recovery Partition on the hard drive that you can access at boot time with a Fn. Which one varies from manufacturer to manufacturer. Having the make and model number will let me look up the users manual and see what it is.

You can also order a recovery DVD from the manufacturer's web site, or you can .iso download a legal copy from Digital River. Make sure you get the same version and hardware (32 or 64 bit) is you go this route.