Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Mouse disconnecting and then reconnecting randomly

• Please log in to reply

r55741

r55741

• PipPip
  • 55 posts
Hello !
I would like some insight on the following issue under win 7 32 bit

The mouse keeps getting disconnected randomly. After doing a fair share of goggling I found the following solutions that haven't helped:

*Turned off usb suspend settings in device manager under "usb root hub"
*Tried a different optical mouse = got the same behavior
*ran windows xp live boot disk from hiren's boot disk = same problem all though it seemed to do it less often this leads me to believe it's not a software issue at all. but that more intensive applications have something to do with it.
*tried all the usb ports on my pc. (I do not have a ps/2 connector so that's not an option. )
*updated mouse drivers and mobo drivers

One area of concern is that my PSU is rated for 430 Watts and while it it works fine. IMO it's a little underpowered for my system.

My take on this is that the mobo needs to be replaced. But don't want to go and buy one if it's the PSU

This is my system
amd x3 2.9gh
3 hard drives
1 dvd drive
Nvidia 8800 GT (x2 Monitor setup)
4gb ram

Thanks so much!

Advertisements

Alzeimer

Alzeimer

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts
One thing you can try if you have not already done it is to go in DEVICE MANAGER and uninstall all your usb then reboot your computer and let windows reinstall the drivers.

Also it could be like you said a PSU problem, if it does not deliver enough constant power it could be the reason why your usb ports fail randomly (I would suggest a minimum of 600 watts PSU for your system) if possible try to borrow a known good working PSU to test if that fixes your problems.

Edited by Alzeimer, 26 July 2012 - 11:22 AM.