Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Redirect irritant

• Please log in to reply

ColeusTorch

ColeusTorch

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello,

My windows 7 system, using Explorer 9, started redirecting my google searches. Typically the page I was sent to would have some variant of my initial search text displayed on a white page with bold blue letters and smaller black text beneath. They were clickable links that I declined to click on! I would also be redirected to merchantcircle.com and a realestate site. After redirection I would close the newly opened browser and re-click my desired search result with success most of the time. Rarely I would have to assert my desired choice up to 3 times in this manner. I use Bitdefender on all the aggressive settings. I ran Hitman Pro which found nothing. Spyhunter found many ad aware infections but I am hesitant to spend the cash for a fix that "might" work especially when I've paid for my Bitdefender which is supposed to cover the same things.

Thank you for your attention in this matter.

~J

Advertisements