Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Problems after disc check?

• Please log in to reply

ninael

ninael

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hey, I'm not really sure what's actually going on with my laptop but as far as I'm aware it started after I did a recommended disk check.
Every time I shut the laptop I get a Host Processes for Windows Services popup when I open it again, saying it's stopped working, do I want to send information. The same thing happens with iTunes, if the laptop is shut while its running, when I open it again I get "iTunes has stopped working".
Also, the little language bar symbol in the bottom right corner becomes a white box.
I have no idea if this is related or not, but ever since the disk check, it's been saying I'm not connected to the internet - when I am (BT). I don't know if this is a problem with the computer or the internet, but it's really odd.
If anyone has any ideas on how to fix this I'd be really grateful!

Advertisements