In Dire Need, Rudabega
PLEASE HELP Trojan.Gen.2 and Trojan Zeroaccess [Solved]
Posted 25 July 2012 - 11:59 AM
In Dire Need, Rudabega
Posted 25 July 2012 - 01:26 PM
Download OTL to your Desktop
- Double click on the icon to run it. Make sure all other windows are closed and to let it run uninterrupted.
- Select All Users
- Under the Custom Scan box paste this in
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows Media\WMSDK\Local\AutoProxyCache /s
- Click the Quick Scan button. Do not change any settings unless otherwise told to do so. The scan wont take long.
- When the scan completes, it will open two notepad windows. OTL.Txt and Extras.Txt. These are saved in the same location as OTL.
- Post both logs
Download aswMBR.exe ( 4.8mb ) to your desktop.
Double click the aswMBR.exe to run it Click the "Scan" button to start scan
On completion of the scan click save log, save it to your desktop and post in your next reply
Posted 25 July 2012 - 08:45 PM
here is what i got from the asw scan
Posted 26 July 2012 - 07:13 AM
Could you download one more time and not let Norton delete it
If it does then
Download and Install Combofix
Download ComboFix from one of the following locations:
VERY IMPORTANT !!! Save ComboFix.exe to your Desktop
* IMPORTANT - Disable your AntiVirus and AntiSpyware applications, usually via a right click on the System Tray icon. They may otherwise interfere with our tools. If you have difficulty properly disabling your protective programs, refer to this link here
- Double click on ComboFix.exe & follow the prompts.
- Accept the disclaimer and allow to update if it asks
- When finished, it shall produce a log for you.
- Please include the C:\ComboFix.txt in your next reply.
1. Do not mouse-click Combofix's window while it is running. That may cause it to stall.
2. Do not "re-run" Combofix. If you have a problem, reply back for further instructions.
3. If after the reboot you get errors about programmes being marked for deletion then reboot, that will cure it.
Please make sure you include the combo fix log in your next reply as well as describe how your computer is running now
Posted 29 July 2012 - 04:34 PM
THANK YOU VERY MUCH THOUGH AND I'LL REFER TO YOU AND YOUR FORUMS IN THE FUTURE FOR ANY TECH HELP PROBLEMS!!!
p.s I was helped by a jeffce, I don't know if you know him but he was on whatthetechforums and it showed you two were friends, or it could have been a different essex boy, either way thanks and have a great day.
Posted 30 July 2012 - 07:10 AM
If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.
Everyone else please begin a New Topic.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users