Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

interesting problem

• Please log in to reply

buzzer55

buzzer55

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Ok here's how it started...I recently purchased a small internet cafe and one of my clients last nite was having trouble accessing the internet after spend considerable time on this particular comp. I thought it was a bit strange as the rest were working fine. Everything seemed fine at first, then upon reboot the comp. went to the user "login" page (which it never did before) and there are no profiles loaded...so there it sits at this point without further loading windows. What I am assuming was he created a user profile and then deleted it so when it rebooted it would go to this page with nothing there. I noticed before the reboot that the user client for my easycafe was gone also. I'm thinking that he did all this on purpose as a malicious act. I can't think of any reason it would do all this on it's own when 5 mins before he came in everything worked fine. Of course at this point he's long gone....

So what can I do to fix this? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Edited by buzzer55, 25 July 2012 - 12:30 PM.

Advertisements

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
Hi buzzer55 ... :wave: ..:welcome:

did you try system restore yet...

buzzer55

buzzer55

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thanks for your reply...unfortunately it's not letting me get into the safe mode either...it starts to go into safe and then jumps to the login again. I tried going to the "last good configuration" page and it allows me to chose it and hit enter then it jumps to the login again...frustrating...lol!

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
when you can't even boot into safe mode you will have to repair xp...

for the how to repair your operating system guides...
go here...

if you don't have a xp cd

Please download ARCDC.exe from Artellos.com.
  • Double click ARCDC.exe
  • Follow the dialog until you see 6 options. ..pick The Windows version of the system you need it for
  • You will be prompted with a Terms of Use by Microsoft, please accept.
  • You will see a few dos screens flash by, this is normal.
  • Next you will be able to choose to add extra files if you want...not sure then you don't need any
  • The last window will allow you to burn the disk using BurnCDCC
Your ISO is located on your desktop.

buzzer55

buzzer55

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thanks for your reply..it worked fine!!!! :thumbsup:

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff