Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

I'm in it so deep...please help me...win32 malware gen, downloadPK

• Please log in to reply

djkjejs

djkjejs

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I'm working on my daughter's computer. She didn't realize that Avast wasn't running on her laptop and ended up with some funky redirecting going on. I downloaded avast, ran a scan and everything went to the virus chest. Now I get an avast pop up every 2-3 minutes saying that "threat has been detected". (something with 80000032...etc.) I downloaded malwarebytes and ran a scan with that. I'll attach the log. Next ran OTL. Then downloaded aswMBR and ran that. It also found the "sirefef" virus. PLEASE HELP ME! She needs her computer for work (Is there anyone who doesn't :unsure: ) I would appreciate any help you can give me. Thank you, in adavance.
Julie
malware log:
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 1.62.0.1300
www.malwarebytes.org

Database version: v2012.07.24.12

Windows 7 Service Pack 1 x64 NTFS
Internet Explorer 9.0.8112.16421
Kate :: KATE-PC [administrator]

7/24/2012 6:05:30 PM
mbam-log-2012-07-24 (18-05-30).txt

Scan type: Quick scan
Scan options enabled: Memory | Startup | Registry | File System | Heuristics/Extra | Heuristics/Shuriken | PUP | PUM
Scan options disabled: P2P
Objects scanned: 203007
Time elapsed: 8 minute(s), 36 second(s)

Memory Processes Detected: 0
(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Detected: 0

Registry Keys Detected: 0

Registry Values Detected: 0

Registry Data Items Detected: 0

Folders Detected: 0

Files Detected: 1
C:\Windows\Installer\{7c3e7b99-1a61-37f9-aef0-05f7f1db6129}\U\00000008.@ (Trojan.Dropper.BCMiner) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

(end)

Attached Files

Advertisements