Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Service Pack 2 Crash!

• Please log in to reply

turboner

turboner

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
Hi everyone...i have a bit of a problem...i just installed windows xp sp2 from the update site everything was going fine...but after i restarted...my system would not boot up anymore...it would go to the boot screen and the progress bar would just stop. i just thought it had to think and process more info so i left it on...but nothing ever happend...i rebooted and started in safe mode but it would just stop...it always stoped responding at the line that says:

...\drivers\agp440.sys

any help would be appreciated...thank you all in advance!!!

Advertisements

-=jonnyrotten=-

-=jonnyrotten=-

Member 2k

• Retired Staff
  • 2,678 posts
Well that sucks, I would try to press F8 during startup and choose to boot with last known configuration that worked. If that doesn't work, put your xp install disk in and restart and then choose to repair windows xp, that might work. Either way, when you get in, you should try to uninstall sp2, I personally don't have it yet, but I have heard that there is an uninstall feature. Hope it works...

-=jonnyrotten=-

turboner

turboner

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
yeah i've tried doing all that...i tried the repair function...and the repair console...i uninstalled sp2 on the repair console...but now it doesn't even show the boot screen....i guess i'm screwed and i just gotta reinstall windows.... <_< :D [bleep] microsoft!!! if anyone else has suggestions they would be greatly appreciated!!!

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Have you tried this repair method?
http://www.geekstogo...p?showtopic=138

If so, and it didn't work, do this:
http://support.micro...5&Product=winxp