Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

10 PuP.Bundle.Installer.ol shows up with MalwareBytes scan...Plus Disp

• Please log in to reply

Mr. Rufus Sniff

Mr. Rufus Sniff

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
Hi Ron,

Ok, I don't have a 2nd place to plug in the monitor...just the 15 pin spot. And the monitor
plugs into a card inside the tower...that's it...that's possibly the video card...

I ran the "Option 2: Automatically find drivers for my NVIDIA products" and after several attempts
apparently it kicked in...(I kept hitting the 'run' button and it kept popping the screen back up
yet finally disappeared...and nothing more...) No reboot, no having to do the Safe mode or "Last known good config..." Maybe it found a driver and installed...?

Also, when I've had to go to Dell, they wanted my service tag # to see my system...and only runs in IE.
And my # is GMN5Q41...then shows my correct desktop tower (not the laptop)...I had that laptop pic
also until I ran their tool...(attached jpeg)...

Also, I have attached some jpeg's regarding this system...maybe it'll show you something I can't see...
I got these jpeg's using EverestHome 220...

Also, the AGP is disabled in the Chipset section...whatever that is...and stated may cause performance
penalty...(under chipset_problems and suggestions)...

Anyways, the attached files may tell you something...hope they help...

Attached Thumbnails

• Pre360 scrshot.JPG
  • PCI_AGP video.JPG
  • Audio.JPG
  • Computer Summary.JPG

Advertisements

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,598 posts
  • MVP
No matter what I put in or what I use on the Dell site I still get the laptop so their site is hosed.

It looks like it has the proper driver now. Can you do another screenshot of the Device Manager page like you did back in post #29?

Ron

Mr. Rufus Sniff

Mr. Rufus Sniff

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
Here you are...

Attached Thumbnails

• Device Manager 8-7_11pm.JPG

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,598 posts
  • MVP
It still doesn't have the right driver. Try this one:

http://www.nvidia.co...inxp_2k_93.71_2

They warn:

"Download Accelerator" utilities should be disabled when downloading any drivers.

Do not run virus protection software in the background while installing the drivers. This prevents the driver from configuring itself properly.

Mr. Rufus Sniff

Mr. Rufus Sniff

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
Ok, I disabled my MS Essentials virus protection software...installed and ran the driver you suggested...
And my system went back to the original problem...attempting a reboot and just quit...with "no signal_analog"...on screen...

I attempted the install twice...then was given the "last known working configuration" option...which
I used to get back online...

Apparently, my system didn't like that driver... :no:

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,598 posts
  • MVP
That should have been the correct driver for your card. Perhaps the video card is bad? About all I could suggest would be to try a new video card.

I think we have reached the end of my experience with these things. You might have better luck posting in our XP forum. Perhaps one of the techs there will have a better idea. Give them a link back to this post.

Mr. Rufus Sniff

Mr. Rufus Sniff

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
Ok, thanks Ron for all your help...much appreciated.

And I'll check out your suggestion re: XP forum.

Nile and Rufus :cool: