Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Really Wierd lag problems please help!

• Please log in to reply

stermen

stermen

• Pip
  • 7 posts
About 2 months ago, just outta the blue games started to run slow. I have P-4, 2.8 ghz, 1024 megs of ram, and a radeon 9800 pro. I use to run Warcraft 3 FT on max settings now, i run it on the lowest settings...the game doesnt require alot either =(, same with diablo 2, and farcry and doom 3. Ran them all on high settings but now its not even playable because of the lag. This is really wierd, it wasnt happening b4, please help!

Advertisements

jrm20

jrm20

System building expert

• Retired Staff
  • 2,394 posts
there is different types of lag you could be talking about. Internet connection lag is really the definition of lag. You could also have some sort of virus/trojan or spyware. I think you might have spyware/trojan or a virus.

Edited by jrm20, 04 June 2005 - 10:50 PM.

stermen

stermen

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Im not sure if i have a trojan, and i know its not internet lag, because they lag offline also. I have spysweeper, and adaware, and i ran them both, but the games still lag...i need more help! please

neilp4453

neilp4453

• PipPipPip
  • 139 posts
try saving anything. and doing system restore for before 2months..it might be to late for that now though.

try reinstalling your os, if the fps goes up, there was definently something wrong with you pc.

u say you do spyware/adware checks, do you do actual virus checks wit legit companies. do a online check at pcpitstop.com and while your at it, do the full test, disk health test, and adware/spyware test after you do the virus test.
you

bobthemailman

bobthemailman

• PipPipPip
  • 193 posts
try avg free adition 4 the virus problem (google it to find it) and only use one spyware remover and only one virus scanner i sugest adaware se personal :tazz: