Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Toshiba Laptop not functioning correctly after Critical BIOS Recovery

• Please log in to reply

tylerbillman

tylerbillman

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I have recently had my Toshiba Satellite returned from a depot repair in which a critical BIOS recovery was performed.

Now, my computer does not come out of sleep mode or hibernation correctly. When I press the power button to bring the computer back on I only hear the disk spinning and see the power light turn on. There is no screen activity and the computer does not respond to input. If I press the power button again while the computer is in this state, it turns off as if I had held the power button for 10 seconds.

I suspect that resetting the computer to factory settings could help, but if not, what are some other solutions to this problem?

Thanks,
Tyler

Advertisements

tylerbillman

tylerbillman

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Bump, can anybody help me at all with this?

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
Sorry for the late response. Your initial post was missed somehow.

Please post the complete model number so we can look up the Users Guide at teh Toshiba web site. That will tell us whether you can do a restore to factory from hard drive partition or if you need recovery discs that you should have created when you first got the computer or if you need to order the recovery disc from Toshiba.

Also, are you running Vista or Windows 7?

tylerbillman

tylerbillman

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I am running Windows 7 Home Premium on a Toshiba Satellite L745-S4210. Thanks for any help!