Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

"no boot device found"

• Please log in to reply

BattyHare10

BattyHare10

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi, i have a dell dimension E521 desktop and yesterday i turned yhe computer on and it started than immediately blue screened then restarted but this time it came to a screen that said "no boot device found insert boot disk and press f1 or press f2 for setup" i do not have a boot disk (lost it someshere while moving). The setup DOES tell me what the BIOS is (1.1.4.)but but sill not boot. Im not sure if i changed anything but now when restarted it pops up witj "Mediashield ROM BIOS 6.88
Copyright © 2006 NVIDIA Corp."
Thdn it says "detecting array...
"SATA timeout on port SATAO"
Can anyone help me make sense of this? The computer didnt even have internet when this happened.

Advertisements

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Hi and welcome,

Sorry for the delay in responding, you originally posted the topic in the Server section however I have moved it here.

What your computer is trying to tell you is that it cannot find anything to run. Normally the computer will detect that you have a hard drive inside the computer, and on that hard drive is your installation of Windows. So up it loads and you're away. Your problem is that the hard drive is not being detected properly (most likely it has failed). To resolve this issue you will need to put a new hard drive in and install your operating system from scratch.

If you have lost the boot discs from Dell, you can contact their support and they can send you out another copy for a small fee.

Did you have a backup of your data?

Troy