Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Friend visited one of those free movie sites...now my PC is infected :

• Please log in to reply

jojokintel

jojokintel

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
First indication that I had a problem was that my AVG said I had a trojan. It was called "Trojan Horse Patched_c.lxt"

It was whitelisted...appearing in services.msc. Also FF was redirecting like crazy. IE wasn't though.

I did a virus scan with AVG and it displayed the following.

Trojan Horse Patched_c.lxt
Trojan Horse backdoor.generic15.axla
Trojan Horse generic28.anic
Trojan Horse dropper.generic6.anla

I ran combofix but it froze during the "deleting folders" part. I restarted and did an AVG scan...nothing showed up. Then I re-ran Combofix and it went all the way through. The viruses are gone but now after 20 minutes or so I get the BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH :(

Anything I can do at this point because I'm seriously considering re-installing windows...

Advertisements