Posted 30 July 2012 - 11:08 AM
Posted 30 July 2012 - 12:38 PM
. My name is godawgs and I will be assisting you with your Virus / Malware issues.
I am currently still in training and my posts have to be approved by an expert so please expect a delay between my posts.
We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at GeeksToGo we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.
I will start working on your Malware issues. This may, or may not, solve other issues you have with your machine. The fixes are specific to your problem and should only be used for this issue on this machine!
If you have since resolved the issues you were originally experiencing, or have received help elsewhere, please inform me so that this topic can be closed.
If you have not, please adhere to the guidelines below and then carefully follow all future instructions:
I am going to stick with you until ALL malware is gone from your system. I would appreciate it if you would do the same.
Because of this, you must reply within four days. If you haven't replied within that time, the topic will be closed! If you need additional time to complete things, just let me know.
- Logs from malware removal programs (OTL is one of them) can take some time to analyze. I need you to be patient while I analyze any logs you post. Please remember, I am a volunteer, and I do have a life outside of these forums.
- Please let me know if you are using a computer with multiple accounts, as this can affect the instructions given.
- Please make sure to carefully read any instruction that I give you. Attention to detail is important! Since I cannot see or directly interact with your computer I am dependent on you to "be my eyes" and provide as much information as you can regarding the current state of your computer.
I would recommend printing them out, if you can, so you can check off each step as you complete it.
Also, part of the fix may require you to be in Safe Mode, which will not allow you to access the internet, or my instructions!
- If you're not sure, or if something unexpected happens, Do NOT continue! Stop and ask!
- All tools must be run from an account with Administrator privileges.
- Do not do things I do not ask for, such as running a spyware scan on your computer, installing/uninstall programs, deleting files, modifying the registry or running any tools, unless instructed to do so. The one thing that you should always do, is to make sure sure that your anti-virus definitions are up-to-date (if possible)!
- Please do not use the Attachment feature for any log file. Do a Copy/Paste of the entire contents of the log file and submit it inside your post unless directed otherwise.
- Lastly, Please be aware that removing Malware is a hazardous undertaking. I will take care not to knowingly suggest courses of action that might damage your computer. However it is impossible for me to foresee all interactions that may happen between the software on your computer and those we'll use to clear you of infection, and I cannot guarantee the safety of your system. Some infections are so severe that we might encounter situations where the only recourse is to re-format and re-install your operating system. Don't worry, this only happens in severe cases, but, sadly, it does happen.
In light of this be prepared to back up your data. Have means of backing up your data available.
Click My Settings at the top of the page. An Option page will open. In the left hand column click Notification Options. On the new page that opens under the Notification Preferences section click Watch every topic I reply to and set the notification type to Immediate Notification.
We are gonna need a little more information.
Did you see any kind of image when you got the message that the machine has been encrypted?
You said you can't get into Safe Mode, can you get into Windows in any mode?
When you try to boot into Normal Mode what happens?
When you try to enter Safe Mode what happens?
What operating system do you have.....XP, Vista, Windows 7
Posted 31 July 2012 - 12:33 PM
Posted 31 July 2012 - 12:34 PM
Posted 31 July 2012 - 01:57 PM
If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.
Everyone else please begin a New Topic.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users