Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Toshiba Satellite; Windows 7; Won't boot; No recovery disk; Parti

• Please log in to reply

MyToshibaIsDead

MyToshibaIsDead

• Pip
  • 1 posts
My Toshiba Satellite C655-S5212 running on Windows 7 64-bit won't boot properly. I get to the logo screen and the black screen with a white cursor, but then I get to a screen that says:
Intel UNDI, PXE-2.0 (build 083)
Copyright © 1997-2000 Intel Corporation

For Atheros PCIE Ethernet Controller v2.0.2.7(11/02/10)

Check cable connection!
PXE-MOF: Exiting Intel PXE ROM.
No bootable device -- insert boot disk and press any key
_

I can only use F2 and F12, I don't have a boot or recovery disk, and the partition thing I read about online (holding 0 at startup) will bringing me to the Windows loading screen, but then my laptop restarts. I don't care if my computer has to be restored to the factory settings, I just want it to work.

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Sorry to hear about your issue and I will try to help you out with this.
The first thing is this message is usually displayed when the system is trying to boot to a network instead of the hard drive.
You need to enter the Bios by clicking Del and then find the Boot Sequence area.
Make sure your boot sequence is as follows:

• cdrom
  • hard drive
  • USB

If anything else is in the sequence take it out and make sure they are in the exact order i posted. Then click F10 to Save and Exit and then Enter to verify. The system should the boot up correctly.

DianneM

DianneM

• Pip
  • 4 posts
i tried that but it didnt work. Do u have any other ideas?

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
What didn't work?
You couldn't get into the bios
The bios is not identifying the hard drive
The settings can't be changed

There should be a General or a Detect Drives area where it would identify your hd. Is there a area like this and if so does it identify your hard drive?

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Are you still having problems with your issue?
It has been 12 days since your last response and I was wondering if the issue has been resolved?
If so can you explain how it was resolved so others may be able to fix it if they have the same issue.
If not please let us know and we can continue with helping you to resolve the issue.

WrathDeLoncre

WrathDeLoncre

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi! I was looking this up, and i was surprised to see the exact same problem my computer is having. I tried to also follow your instructions, but there seems to be no way to get to the bios.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Wrath there should be something on the screen when you first turn your system on that says how to get into the bios. Usually it will either be Del or a F key

WrathDeLoncre

WrathDeLoncre

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Wait, Nevermind, i was able to get into. Hah. Okay, so you said the order needed to be changed if it was incorrect, right? Are you talking talking about scripts?

WrathDeLoncre

WrathDeLoncre

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Okay, so i DID change the order, but it wont let me delete or "get rid of" any of the other devices. Nor did it change the situation of my boot. Its still saying it cant find anything to boot from with the same error message as before.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
I'm not sure what you are trying to do but boot sequence should be cdrom and the hard drive.
Is this what you are talking about and did you save the settings before exiting the bios?
What disk are you trying to boot to?

AlfieWalks

AlfieWalks

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
I've only stated using my Toshiba Satellite for only two months, the next thing I know I go on my system and it goes black, nothing as the above previous comments say's it tells me to " use boot disc to reboot computer" there is no boot disc so what should I do? follow the instructions in-which you gave out rashaffer61?

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Yes start with the instructions I gave. Also your requests was split off this topic to HERE so you can respond there with further posts.