Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

DLL Problems

• Please log in to reply

klecka

klecka

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I just recently installed Windows 2000 into my computer. When it was done downloading I clicked on the AOL icon to acsess the internet and it would not open. Instead a box came up on the screen and it says:

America Online 9.0 Security Edition SE: waol.exe-Unable to locate DLL
The dynamic link library jgdw400.dll could not be found in the specified path C:\ Program Files\ America online
9.0a;.;C\WINDOWS\system32;C\WINDOWS\system;C\WINDOWS;C:\Program Files\America Online
9.0a;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS\system32\WBEM

What can I do to fix this problem? I know that there are downloads to fix the problem but I can't get on the internet to get them. Do I need to uninstall windows and try again or what? thanks, Klecka

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
reinstal aol

klecka

klecka

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
yeah, but I never used the cd's to install it. Would I have to purchase the cd?

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
go to HomeDepot, wallmart, post office...they have buckets of them

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
odd thing is, AOL is not a standard part of 2000 install why is there at all> Where'd the CD for 2000 come from?

klecka

klecka

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
My father bought it the other day(Windows 2000). The thing is that my father recieved the computer from his company because he works at home and he told me that AOL was on the computer when he recieved it.

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
It doesn't matter where the AOL stuff was installed. Uninstall all the AOL instances. Read thes instructions here to uninstall for all Windows systems :

Uninstalling software from a computer running Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows NT, Windows 2000, Windows ME, or Windows XP

or use an uninstaller program :

MyUninstaller v1.33 - Alternative to the standard add / remove control panel module Copyright © 2003 - 2005 Nir Sofer

If you want to thoroughly clean out AOL, do a hard drive search for AOL as your keyword and find all the left over AOL folders/files and delete them. Be careful and don't delete stuff that has the letters "aol" in them unless you are sure it is related to AOL.

Find and download Reg Cleaner or RegSeeker and run it as many times as needed to clean out your registry. Make sure you do a backup of your registry or make sure the box is checked on whichever registry cleaner you use that says to make a backup before deleting items.

Once you are cleaned of all instances of AOL and still want to use it, you can get it in any Wal-Mart or similar store or go online and download the latest AOL install for your system. Personally, I would use PeoplePC for a dialup, but AOL does have a lot of good stuff to check out.

Ron