Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

notebook upgrade?

• Please log in to reply

rakion3dfx

rakion3dfx

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Well my mother have a Toshiba DYNABOOK PX/810LLK a really old laptop, now I want to upgrade its ram cause it only has 256MB of ram, i was thinking of putting in a 2GB ram, its CPU is Intel® Celeron® M Processor 370 (1M Cache, 1.50 GHz, 400 MHz FSB) so, is it possible to upgrade its ram and if its possible will everything work out well since its an old laptop... and if It can be upgraded can i install a windows 7 OS on it or does it only run on Windows XP. OR should i just throw it away.. :P

oh yeah my mother only uses it to watch movies and facebook so nothing really heavy..

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 20,000 posts
Use the Crucial system scanner tool to find the best Ram options for the Toshiba http://www.crucial.c...ner/?click=true no need to purchase from there just write down the recommendations and shop around for the best deal, post the details here and we will also have a look for you.