Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BSOD again tt

• Please log in to reply

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts

ASrock intel-intel series DVD

This is most likely your motherboard drivers.

Sparkle vga card drivers & utilities software bonus pack installation dvd

Video card programs and utilities.

Reinstallation DVD support for these productsis provided by IBUYPOWER Computers

This I'm sure is a branded OEM installation disk and will not have the same capabilities as a regular OEM disk from Microsoft. There for you will need to borrow a OS installation disk that matches your OS installed right now. It has to be the right version as in Home, media or Pro. It also will most likely need SP1 as I'm sure you have that installed also.

Advertisements

Joshua.Locke

Joshua.Locke

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts
:o ok ill give it try

Joshua.Locke

Joshua.Locke

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts
Ok, i think is fixed now i didnt post earlier because i wanted to make sure but is been 2 days with no bsod the last thing i did was open the case and remove the video card and plugged again and i download a driver from the sparkle page, so im not really sure wat happen here, but i played for hrs and no bsod. wat u think?

[edit] i didnt do the OS installation.

Edited by Joshua.Locke, 20 August 2012 - 11:51 AM.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
That is just great to hear and it may very well have been the video card was loose or dust in the slot.
Was the driver from Sparkle a newer driver then what you had?

Joshua.Locke

Joshua.Locke

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts
i dont think so, cuz the first it was the windows update driver that it was old , then i download the new one from nvidia but notice that my card says sparkle so i download the one from there and think it was the same from nvidia

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
From that your Sparkle card must be a Nvidia chipset correct?

Joshua.Locke

Joshua.Locke

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts
ya

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
OK then yes the drivers would be the same.
So Windows update was old driver and the one from Sparkle and Nvidia was newer correct?

Joshua.Locke

Joshua.Locke

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts
ya

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
OK then I am more inclined to believe the updated driver may have been the resolution then. As long as it is now working that I'm sure is what you really wanted. I am glad for you and with that I am very happy to say Congratulations Joshua. :rockon: for a successful resolution for your issue.

I'm glad we could help and please let us know how everything works out for you.
If there is anything else we can do to help please feel free to ask. I appreciate that you allowed us to assist you with your issue and for your patience.
Thank you for choosing GeeksToGo for help. :thumbsup: :ph34r:
This issue now appears to be resolved.

If other members are reading this and have a similar problem please begin a New Topic and someone will assist you as soon as possible

Advertisements

Joshua.Locke

Joshua.Locke

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts
Thank you very much for ur help and fast response, i leanr a lot here and that is priceless :). GeeksToGo FTW

tyty
:)

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
You are very welcome and please feel free to now roam around the site and read some of the other topics if you would like. They is a unlimited amount of knowledge here and we are alway here for you if you have any questions.
It has been my honor to help you and I wish to again thank you for your patience and willingness to try all the steps we took in getting you to your resolution. ;) :cool: :ph34r: :thumbsup: