System Drive is full three weeks after a system reinstall [Closed]
Posted 03 August 2012 - 04:46 PM
Faxxy has posted in the Applications forum
and I was NOT of course aware of his topic here with you.
I will close the Applications topic and refer Faxxy back to you goodself.
Please understand, that I was not of course aware of this topic and I regret if there is ANY effect on what you have running by what I have advised .
Posted 11 August 2012 - 12:53 PM
- Download OTL to your desktop.
- Double click on the icon to run it.
- Make sure all other windows are closed and to let it run uninterrupted.
- When the window appears, underneath Output at the top, make sure Stadard output is selected.
- Select Scan all users
- Under the Extra Registry section, check Use SafeList
- Check the boxes beside LOP Check and Purity Check.
- Under the Custom Scans/Fixes box copy and paste this in:
netsvcs %SYSTEMDRIVE%\*.exe /md5start services.* explorer.exe winlogon.exe userinit.exe svchost.exe consrv.dll /md5stop HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows Media\WMSDK\Local\AutoProxyCache /s %systemroot%\*. /mp /s %Temp%\smtmp\*.* /s hklm\software\clients\startmenuinternet|command /rs hklm\software\clients\startmenuinternet|command /64 /rs CREATERESTOREPOINT
- Click the button. Do not change any settings unless otherwise told to do so. The scan wont take long.
- When the scan completes, it will open two notepad windows. OTL.Txt and Extras.Txt. These are saved in the same location as OTL.
- Please copy (Edit->Select All, Edit->Copy) the contents of these files, one at a time and post them in your topic
Posted 25 August 2012 - 03:36 PM
If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users