Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Trouble with Sirefef- AO [Rtk] and ZAccess [Solved]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

jh25

jh25

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
Hey everyone,
I've had a bit of an issue - my avast antivirus kept detecting 'sirefef AO' and something similar (also 'sirefef') every few minutes and would say it moved it to the chest, but it kept popping back up. I'm no computer expert but I've run Malwarebytes Anti Malware which said it found and quarantined four infected files, including RootKit.0Access, but I'm not sure if that's fixed the problem. Any help'd be much appreciated!
Thanks heaps,
James

Attached Files

Advertisements

jeffce

jeffce

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 216 posts
  • MVP
Hi and Welcome!! :) My name is Jeff. I would be more than happy to take a look at your malware results logs and help you with solving any malware problems you might have. Logs can take a while to research, so please be patient and know that I am working hard to get you a clean and functional system back in your hands. I'd be grateful if you would note the following:
  • I will be working on your Malware issues, this may or may not, solve other issues you have with your machine.
  • The fixes are specific to your problem and should only be used for the issues on this machine.
  • Please continue to review my answers until I tell you your machine appears to be clear. Absence of symptoms does not mean that everything is clear.
  • It's often worth reading through these instructions and printing them for ease of reference.
  • If you don't know or understand something, please don't hesitate to say or ask!! It's better to be sure and safe than sorry.
  • Please reply to this thread. Do not start a new topic.

IMPORTANT NOTE : Please do not delete anything unless instructed to.
DO NOT use any TOOLS such as Combofix or HijackThis fixes without supervision.
Doing so could make your system inoperable and could require a full reinstall of your OS losing all your programs and data.

Vista and Windows 7 users:
These tools MUST be run from the executable (.exe) every time you run them
with Admin Rights (Right click, choose "Run as Administrator")

Stay with this topic until I give you the all clean post.
---------

**WARNING**Unfortunately one or more of the infections I have identified are Backdoor Trojans, IRCBots or other Malware capable of stealing very important information. You need to stop using all Internet Banking sites, change passwords to all sites with sensitive information from a clean computer and phone your bank to inform them that you may be a victim of identify theft. More often than not, we advise users that a full reinstallation of their Operating System is the only way to ensure that their computer will ever be 100% clean again.

Unfortunately I have found what is known as the ZeroAccess rootkit on your system. It is an especially nasty infection that can take quite some time to clean as well as may have damaged your system files itself. As a warning, during the cleaning (if you choose to do so) you may lose internet access with this computer and in the end we may need to reinstall the operating system anyway depending on the extent of the infection.

If you would like to format and reinstall your Operating System please let me know and we can assist you with that.

If you would like to continue with the cleaning, please continue with the following instructions and I will be more than happy to help. :)
----------

Download Combofix from the link below, and save it to your desktop.
Link

**Note: It is important that it is saved directly to your desktop**
If you get a message saying "Illegal operation attempted on a registry key that has been marked for deletion", please restart your computer.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

IMPORTANT - Disable your AntiVirus and AntiSpyware applications, usually via a right click on the System Tray icon. They may otherwise interfere with our tools. If you have difficulty properly disabling your protective programs, refer to this link here

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Right-Click and Run as Administrator on ComboFix.exe & follow the prompts.
  • When finished, it will produce a report for you.
  • Please post the C:\ComboFix.txt for further review.
----------

jh25

jh25

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
Thanks for the help Jeff :)
I got that message "Illegal operation attempted on a registry key that has been marked for deletion" after the Combofix scan but was able to save the log before I restarted my computer. Here it is.. Attached File  combolog.txt   14.23KB   84 downloads

jeffce

jeffce

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 216 posts
  • MVP
Hi,

For x32 (x86) bit systems download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to a flash drive.
For x64 bit systems download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool x64 and save it to a flash drive.

Plug the flashdrive into the infected PC.

Enter System Recovery Options.

To enter System Recovery Options from the Advanced Boot Options:
  • Restart the computer.
  • As soon as the BIOS is loaded begin tapping the F8 key until Advanced Boot Options appears.
  • Use the arrow keys to select the Repair your computer menu item.
  • Select US as the keyboard language settings, and then click Next.
  • Select the operating system you want to repair, and then click Next.
  • Select your user account an click Next.

To enter System Recovery Options by using Windows installation disc:
  • Insert the installation disc.
  • Restart your computer.
  • If prompted, press any key to start Windows from the installation disc. If your computer is not configured to start from a CD or DVD, check your BIOS settings.
  • Click Repair your computer.
  • Select US as the keyboard language settings, and then click Next.
  • Select the operating system you want to repair, and then click Next.
  • Select your user account and click Next.

On the System Recovery Options menu you will get the following options:
Startup Repair
System Restore
Windows Complete PC Restore
Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool
Command Prompt
[*]Select Command Prompt
[*]In the command window type in notepad and press Enter.
[*]The notepad opens. Under File menu select Open.
[*]Select "Computer" and find your flash drive letter and close the notepad.
[*]In the command window type e:\frst.exe (for x64 bit version type e:\frst64) and press Enter
Note: Replace letter e with the drive letter of your flash drive.
[*]The tool will start to run.
[*]When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
[*]Press Scan button.
[*]It will make a log (FRST.txt) on the flash drive. Please copy and paste it to your reply.[/list]

jeffce

jeffce

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 216 posts
  • MVP
Do you still need help?

jh25

jh25

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
Thanks - I got a bit held up but here's the new log...Attached File  FRST.txt   26.7KB   92 downloads

jeffce

jeffce

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 216 posts
  • MVP
Hi,

Open notepad. Please copy the contents of the code box below. To do this highlight the contents of the box and right click on it. Paste this into the open notepad. Save it on the flashdrive as fixlist.txt

C:\Users\James\AppData\Local\{3dca4766-b38c-dbc8-17bb-c2709fffe3d7}

NOTICE: This script was written specifically for this user, for use on that particular machine. Running this on another machine may cause damage to your operating system

On Vista or Windows 7: Now please enter System Recovery Options.
Run FRST64 and press the Fix button just once and wait.
The tool will make a log on the flashdrive (Fixlog.txt) please post it to your reply.

jh25

jh25

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
This is probably a stupid question but before I go ahead you meant use FRST not FRST64 right? I checked in Control Panel, System and it said I had a 32 bit version of Windows so I downloaded the x32 FRST version..

jeffce

jeffce

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 216 posts
  • MVP
Not a stupid question. Yes please use FRST. Sorry about that.

jh25

jh25

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
Thanks, here's the new log then.. Attached File  Fixlog.txt   312bytes   82 downloads

Advertisements

jeffce

jeffce

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 216 posts
  • MVP
Please delete the current version of Combofix.exe from your desktop and download a new version from here to your desktop.

Disable your AntiVirus and AntiSpyware applications.

Right-click and Run as Administrator on the Combofix.exe and follow the prombts on your display. When finish, it will create a C:\Combofix.txt. Please post this log for further review.
---------

jh25

jh25

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
So once it finished I double clicked on C:Combofix.txt to open it and it came up with the error message 'illegal operation on a memory key marked for deletion etc', so I restarted my computer. I'll try attaching it to my post instead.. here you go..Attached File  ComboFix.txt   12.8KB   166 downloads

jeffce

jeffce

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 216 posts
  • MVP
Hi,

Malwarebytes

I see that you have Malwarebytes already on your computer. Please open Malwarebytes, update it and then run a Quick Scan. Save the log that is created for your next reply.
----------

Please run a free online scan with the ESET Online Scanner
Note: You will need to use Internet Explorer for this scan
  • Tick the box next to YES, I accept the Terms of Use
  • Click Start
  • When asked, allow the ActiveX control to install
  • Click Start
  • Make sure that the options Remove found threats is NOT selected and the option Scan unwanted applications is selected.
  • Click Scan (This scan can take several hours, so please be patient)
  • If there are threats that are found, please press List of found threats and then in the next window that opens press Export to text file...
  • Copy and paste/or attach that log as a reply to this topic
**Note** If not threats are found there will not be a log created.
----------

In your next reply please post the logs made by Malwarebytes and ESET. :)

jh25

jh25

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
Ok here we go..Attached File  mbam-log-2012-08-08 (23-02-43).txt   1.88KB   66 downloads Attached File  ESETlog.txt   294bytes   78 downloads

jeffce

jeffce

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 216 posts
  • MVP
Hi there,
  • Please open Notepad (Start -> Run -> type notepad in the Open field -> OK) and copy and paste the text present inside the code box below:

ClearJavaCache::

File::
    C:\Users\James\AppData\LocalLow\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\6.0\17\49b89691-31a5ebfa
    F:\Programs\Ableton Live 7.0.2\Ableton Live 7.0.2 Download\Ableton.Live.v7.0.2-AiR\Ableton.Live.v7.0\a-al702\setup.exe

• Save this as CFScript.txt and change the "Save as type" to "All Files" and place it on your desktop.

Posted Image
  • Very Important! Temporarily disable your anti-virus, script blocking and any anti-malware real-time protection before following the steps below. They can interfere with ComboFix or remove some of its embedded files which may cause "unpredictable results".
  • Referring to the screenshot above, drag CFScript.txt into ComboFix.exe.
  • ComboFix will now run a scan on your system. It may reboot your system when it finishes. This is normal.
  • When finished, it shall produce a log for you. Copy and paste the contents of the log in your next reply.
CAUTION: Do not mouse-click ComboFix's window while it is running. That may cause it to stall.
----------

In your next reply please post the log made by ComboFix and let me know how your system is running now. :)